Friday, April 13, 2007

iTunes going subscription mode?

I read this article on Cnnmoney.com and found it very interesting. I am a mac owner and I use iTunes all the time. I'm on the fence about this. I don't know if I would want to pay a flat fee in order to use iTunes. I download music through iTunes, but I don't know if it's enough to subscribe and pay every month. I really hope they don't do this. CEO Steve Jobs has gone on the record stating that he didn't like the concept behind the monthly subscription fee, but who knows. If the price is right, I'm sure they'd be willng to change their policy.

If you want to read the article, click on the link. Here's a little preview.

Les Ottolenghi, CEO of INTENT MediaWorks, a digital distribution system that works with peer-to-peer networks, said he’s had meetings with people from Apple and he believes the company will announce a subscription service for iTunes within the next six months. “I think Apple is seriously considering a subscription offering right now even though they will probably tell you otherwise,” he said. Spokespeople for Apple were not immediately available for comment.


Link

No comments: