Sunday, July 08, 2007

Skull Cat Control at Beauty Bar! 07 07 07

Sophie, I hope you had a wonderful time last night! Happy Birthday - again!

Cat Dirt and Skull Control brought it last night. I really enjoyed myself and judging the crowd, everyone was having a blast.
It was non-stop music by the DJs, who in my opinion did a great job of keeping the mix exciting and happy. It made you want to dance and drink. The place was crowded, but comfortable. The bands played loudly and they sounded great. The cupcakes were absolutely delicious.

I had never seen The Vultures and I'm really happy I got to see them. Some of their songs reminded me of this band called "For Squirrels." They only put out one album during their career before they all perished in a bus accident during a tour, but they were great. They were high energy and interacted with the crowd and tried to get the crowd involved. I really liked how they fit the bill. They were similar enough to Fifty but different enough so that you wouldn't get bored knowing that this is what you'd be hearing for the rest of the night. I'd definitely go see them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Fifty on Their Heels came on and the place was excited. Many were there to see them and to dance. I heard a new song tonight that I hadn't heard before. I didn't catch the name, but it was dancy and catchy. I danced my way through their set which was fun and as far as I can tell, the guys felt great about it.

Skull Control finished off the night and had the dance floor packed and it never slowed down. After a major dance session with friends, I had to leave. I had an early call time!

I would deem this a most successful night.

Be sure to check out CatDirt Sez and SD Dialed In for their reviews and pictures!

No comments: