Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hot Girls, Hot Boys, Hot Girls

I went to the Casbah on Sunday, March 18th and I got a great surprise. We went to see Playground Slap. I didn't have any expectations coming to the show, but I was excited. It's a friend of a friend's band.

I didn't know who else was playing but when Addiquit took the stage and owned it, I was quite surprised. I wasn't sure if I was going to like her or not, but she did a great job. I really enjoyed her raps. She said some funny shit and most of it were real things that people shy away from.

She had some guy onstage helping her with the music, but she outted him at the end saying she didn't know the guy. Is this true, who knows? But it was funny. I really liked the tank top she was wearing. I didn't take any pictures of her. I should have, but I was distracted. Damn. I'd like to see her in a different venue, perhaps The Kensington Club? I wonder what type of people would go and see her there. I'm a new fan.

Playground Slap was on next and they had some gear on stage. It was impressive. They were more of a funk rock band. They were all older gents. This was their first show in 18 years. What? 18 year hiatus? I know! But they were great. There was one point when the mood came down a little. It wasn't because the music was bad, it was just too trippy and slow. But all in all, I had a good time.

I unfortunately missed Lesley and the Lys. I was tired, the hater was tired and I had to work in the morning. So off we went to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addiquit performs this Sunday @ the Casbah (free show!)

Anonymous said...

ADDIQUIT performs at CASBAH this SUNDAY