Tuesday, April 29, 2008

M.I.A at 4th and B April 28th, 2008

I tried to pick up an extra ticket for a friend before the show, about an hour before the show, and the show was sold-out. There was a line that wrapped around the building and it was 8pm! The crowd was mixed with young and old, but mostly young - I guess they all saw the commercial!

I've seen here before and I've always had a great time, so I knew this was going to be a blast, especially after hearing about her performance at Coachella. I was/am still sick, but I couldn't miss. I thought it would bring my energy level pretty low, but after a drink or two, that didn't happen. I was a dancing fool!

The place was pretty full and it was HOT as hell in there. The drinks were stiff. She came on at about 10:15ish, a little late. But she brought it. I wish I could tell you every song she played, but I was way too into it that it all became a blur. She was dancing and singing and at times playing DJ. She had some of her crew come out and hose people down with water guns which was hilarious.

M.I.A had people jump onto stage for one song and that was chaos. My favorite part is that she was right in the mix and in the middle of that turmoil, still singing and dancing. She played for little more than an hour and ended her set with Paper Planes.

It was a great show, but I do wish she would have played more oldies. She has so many good songs to chose from.

p.s. yes i know this is a little shitty review, but hey, i'm sick! lol

No comments: